Sunday, May 20, 2012

Goodbye Great Grandpa...

At the end of April we mourned the passing of the eldest of our line, just as we mourned the passing of one of the youngest last year.  This time it had a much different tone, the funeral felt like a celebration of a life well lived, nearly 94 years, the overwhelming majority of that spent healthier than most can hope for.  I believe the officiator said he was preceded by only 3, despite his impressive age spanning the better part of a century, lost before him were 2 of his own siblings, and a great grandson.  I remember thinking that this was quite amazing, and that this family has been so fortunate to have lost so few along the way.  There were many smiles and memories shared, as it should be, I did not know him well but enjoyed the time I spent with him (and felt fortunate to have had that opportunity earlier this year), and I will remember him as a man who delighted in his family and who would happily have listened all afternoon to my daughter spin her elaborate tales over the dinner table, all smiles.

 Kisses goodbye.
 H & Uncle S.
 B, Great Grandma, & H.

No comments:

Post a Comment